Cooking & Talking
Do you enjoy cooking? Would you also like to practice speaking Turkish while cooking?
Welcome to my special Cooking & Talking Classes!
- We will cook samples from Turkish cuisine in my kitchen in the morning and savour them afterwards. Turkish will be spoken during the entire activity.
- There will be a visit to the farmer's market in İçmeler on Wednesday.
- Classes meet between 10:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
A selection from my menu:
- hearty soups - my specialty
- stuffed vegetables (dolma)
- börek - rolled and baked
- baked fish
- delicious starters (meze)
During our cooking sessions, you will learn to speak about things related to the kitchen in Turkish, such as:
- the names of various objects and kitchen utensils
- understanding recipes, learning about ingredients
- asking questions (How should I cut ...?; Could you ...?)
- general cooking and dinner conversation
(Click to enlarge)
|November 12 - 16, 2018||Beginners|
|November 19 - 23, 2018||Intermediate 1|
|November 26 - 30, 2018||Intermediate 2|
|December 3 - 7, 2018||Advanced|
No or minimal Turkish
You are able to speak about some practical things (about yourself and your family, your work and your immediate environment, shopping, etc.)
You can handle, in Turkish, basic daily situations you may encounter while traveling in Turkey (e.g., in a hotel, at the bank, at the bus station); you are also able to participate in a conversation for a short period of time.
You are able to engage comfortably in conversations about various matters of daily life with a native speaker. You can express your personal opinion with some explanation. You are able to speak about more complex topics within limitations.
345 Euros per person – max. 4 people*
(cooking ingredients are included in price)
* I can accommodate special needs and interests&xnbsp;if you would like to set up a group of your own (2-4 participants). You may also prefer to have private coooking & talking lessons (please contact me for the price).
If you let me know in advance I will try to accommodate dietary restrictions you may have.